Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Break

In my life this week:
We were supposed to be on Spring Break. I was planning to do some fun stuff with the kids but unfortunately it did not work out that way. First of all, the weather was not that great. It was cold/rainy/snowy. Then, when it did finally start to warm up Sydney ended up being sick. I finally took her to the Urgent Care on Wednesday only to find out that she had pneumonia! So, needless to say we didn't do any more than we absolutely had to. The weirdest thing is though we still had a busy week. I made some baby gifts for my friend and my SIL, I made the girls' Easter outfits, and made Sydney her birthday dress. We also had to take our car to the shop to be repaired, and I had to prepare for Sydney's 2nd birthday party.  So, the only "spring breakish" thing we did was skip out on school work. I decided to extend our "vacation" by one more day so I can catch up on some things that I wasn't able to accomplish last week. Tomorrow we will be back in business.
In our homeschool this week:
Before Spring Break we started on Russia. We will be continuing that country this week. I'm also planning on doing a little bit of review through each subject just to make sure the girls are understanding and retaining everything they've been learning.


I don't have much more to report than that. I have been slowly collecting our books for next year and I think I have just about everything we need! The best part is I was able to sell most of the books we used this year and buy next years curriculum with the profits! I am very excited about that!! I am also very excited that we only have about 6 more weeks of school left for this year! I am planning on finishing up around the second or third week of May...summer vacation, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment