Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week...
This week has had it's ups and downs. We are in the process of purchasing a new (to us) vehicle and it hasn't been as easy of a process as we had hoped it would be. Hopefully tomorrow we will have it all settled and be the proud new owners of a 2005 Envoy XL.
In our homeschool this week....
The girls are still doing their language arts and math in their work books. It seems to be working out quite well for them....I would almost dare say they enjoy it.
 In geography we learned about China. We read books about ancient china and panda bears. China is the only place in the world where Pandas live in the wild. We also did a few fun Chinese crafts. We made tangrams which is a Chinese game, puzzle, arts, crafts, and math lesson all rolled into one. We started out with a 4x4 square, cut that into 5 triangles, 2 squares and a rhomboid. Then we tried making different objects using those 7 shapes. The book showed us how to make a bird and a dog, then the girls came up with these two on their own. Can you guess what they are?
 We also learned about the Chinese New Year and made paper lanterns.
My favorite thing this week...
We received our first shipment of next years school books! I love new books! And I love that the kids were so excited about the new books too!
Whats working/not working for us...
This week went pretty smoothly. My husband went back to work last week, so I think that has really helped us to focus on our school work. Like I said earlier, the girls are doing pretty well with their work books. I went through them and figured out how much they would need to do each day in order to complete them by the end of the school year (which will be May 13th for us). I will have to redo a few of the subjects though because it just ended up being to much for them each day.

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

No comments:

Post a Comment